CADworx Piping Designer (Oil & Gas Exp.): (Job Code: 90819)
QR Code Link to This Post
Location: Bakersfield, CA 10/18/2019
We are a California based consulting engineering & engineer recruiting firm with capability of providing in-depth innovative quality consulting services that are based on the most current technologies available. We are a registered consulting firm with the State of California. We provide state-of-the-art designs and engineering services in mechanical, process, oil & gas, energy, petrochemical, and power engineering fields.
Our ability to develop long-term relationships with our staff and clients is a key factor to our success and a reflection of the superior skills and teamwork of our professional employees.
Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, required. Excellent interpersonal skills required, in addition to being results oriented, creative and self-motivated. Must possess proficient computer skills utilizing current computer software programs, such as, CADworx, AutoCAD Plant 3D (release 2015 or later)
The successful candidate must be able to create/update and maintain engineering drawings (including Piping diagrams, piping isometric drawings, Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs), Process Flow Diagrams (PFDs), general arrangement drawings, etc.) and conduct quality control reviews of drawings and drawing packages. Ability to describe the make-up of a drawing package for complex piping system and pipeline. Also, should be able of checking full P&ID and piping diagrams on a stand-alone basis. Occasionally work in field and create piping / sketches manually. Should be capable to ensure quality of design and adherence to design specs and drawing standards within all mechanical systems in oil refinery piping design projects and related piping design projects.
• Oil & Gas industry experience or in related fields is required
• Create CAD drawings from engineering sketches and scrubbing drawings from design mark up
• Perform initial field survey to determine optimum equipment and piping layout, tie-ins to existing facilities and facility operations and safety criteria
• Provide piping design of oil & gas complex facilities
• Assist piping department supervisor and project engineers in developing bids, proposals, scopes of work, scope changes, correspondence, estimates, schedules, material lists, design concepts, design drawings and other project documentation per customer and corporate guidelines
• Provide guidance and assistance to subordinate staff members on day-to-day matters, such as, task assignments, technical and procedural requirements, and affirmation and/or interpretation of corporate policies and guidelines
• Ability to successfully handle and work on multiple projects
• Experience in piping layout design at oil & gas industrial facilities (5 years +)
• Working knowledge of pipe, pipe fittings, valves, piping support, insulation, insulation jacketing, and equipment installation
• Working knowledge in obtaining field dimensions for fabrication and arrangement drawings
• Familiarity with installation practices, piping design standards and procedures
• Materials Standards relating to piping, and welding practices
• Working knowledge of requirements for incorporating safety, maintainability, and operation into a design
• Experience in the layout of equipment and parts detailing
• Experience in project estimating
• Field experience in Oil Refinery
• Proficiency with CADworx a must!
To apply, please respond to this ad following the provided guidelines:
Your resume should contain employment history with dates and computer skills (should be in MS Word). Provide in your cover letter:
a) Position Title and Position Code
b) Any oil& gas experience working on projects? How many years of Field experience do you have in oil and gas facilities?
c) How many years of software experience do you have with CADworx / Other]?
d) Hourly Rate Requirement: Give a range (Don't write negotiable).
e) 2-3 professional references
g) Status of Citizenship: Example, US Citizen, Permanent Residence (Green Card), Work Permit, etc.
h) Best Time to reach you by phone for interview purpose and the phone No.
Important Note: Drug Screen is mandatory. Applicant must have employment authorization at the time of hire and proof will be required. AT Engineering employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a drug screening and background check. Locally available candidates are preferred.