compensation: depending on qualifications employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Government Construction Contract Project Manager
Contractor offers a wide range of services and construction for the US Military at various bases throughout the US. Contractor performs and manages construction projects through effective estimating, scheduling, safety and financial management controls.
The Project Manager will provide leadership, oversight, and overall responsibility for the timeliness, completeness, quality, and cost of multiple construction projects, both commercial and federal but primarily federal. Responsibilities will begin during the estimating process and concluded at completion of the project. Multiple projects, with individual projects ranging from less than $2k to $1m with possibility of 10-20 running concurrently.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Includes the following (Other duties may be assigned):
• Provide overall lead support, direction, and management for assigned construction projects. Facilitate the communication and interaction among the project stakeholders, both internal and external to the company.
• May be responsible for project and cost development, including estimating, bid package preparation, bid solicitation, takeoff, cost estimation with RSMeans data, site visits, constructability reviews, scheduling, etc.
• Lead or participate in kick-off meetings, progress meetings, preparatory meetings, etc., and review scopes of work, special requirements, schedules, and budgets.
• Utilize construction management systems and methodologies as defined by the company, the customer (US Navy) and standards of the industry.
• Be ultimately responsible for the timeliness, completeness, quality, and cost of projects from concept through completion.
• Responsible for establishing a positive and effective relationship with key contacts and to ensure at all times, the delivery of quality workmanship and excellence in customer service.
• Manage and ensure Contractors, Subcontractors, Construction Managers, tradesmen, and administrative staff supporting the project are completely fulfilling all aspects of their responsibilities.
• Ensure that all projects under the position’s direction are administered in compliance with all relevant laws and regulations, including those related to insurance, safety, labor relations, EEOC, etc.
• Supervise and manage all contract requirements including, but not limited to, submittals, application for payments, schedules, budgets, notifications, reports, etc.
• Update senior management regularly on the project, financial status, and perceived level of satisfaction.
Manage multiple projects without having direct supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management or a minimum of 5 years work experience in project management or equivalent discipline. Must be able to obtain appropriate security clearance required per contract.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects in various phases.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret contract documents, blueprints, specifications, engineering reports, safety rules and regulations, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedural manuals.
• A demonstrated commitment to exceeding expectations in the delivery of safe, quality, cost efficient, and timely service.
• Demonstrated problem solving skills, ability to face challenging situations, view from a variety of different angles; assess strength of options, select and implement the best solutions.
• Ability to think on your feet, making effective decisions on a timely basis, sometimes with limited information.
• Outstanding written, verbal, public speaking, and presentation skills.
• Working knowledge of contract, federal, and municipal law as it relates to construction projects.
• Competency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Project), E4Clicks estimating software
• Extend Present a professional stature and image demeanor at all times.
• US Army Corps of Engineers experience, including familiarity with QCS
• CQC Certification
• PMP Certification
• OSHA 10 or 30 Certification
• Experience with LEED projects
• Experience with Primavera P6
• Experience with RS Means
• Experience with JOC/IDIQ/MATOC-type projects
This position will require physical labor, mental and visual effort and the ability, on rare occasions, to lift 75lbs. Travel will be necessary per contract requirements.
Please send resume and salary requirements to the craigslist email at the top of the post. All resumes will be received and held in strict confidentiality.
We are and equal opportunity employer and have a zero tolerance drug policy.
All applicants must pass a background check.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click on the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster | EEO is the Law Supplement.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers