**Salary starts at $13.50 an hour ** ALMOND SEASON
Under the close supervision of a designated lead person or supervisor, as well as operating within established guidelines and procedures, the incumbent in this position works in a variety of field settings with regular and frequent oversight. Responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Select and Test Samples of Various Commodities - 75%
* Follow established protocols to select representative samples of fruits, nuts and vegetables to be inspected.
* Prepare samples for titration (sugar/acid ratio) testing and pressure testing to determine degree of ripeness.
* Examine the quality, size and/or condition of selected samples using state, federal or industry standards.
2. Perform data entry activities and maintain Records - 25%
* Maintain daily reports of work completed, i.e. inspection note sheets, inspector's Daily Report.
Duties for the job are performed inside or outside of buildings. Weather, temperature, lighting and noise levels may constantly vary. Terrain may vary from smooth and stable to irregular and unstable. The incumbent may regularly work with or around machinery or motorized equipment, work in a noisy environment and be exposed to dust, pollen, moisture and temperature extremes. Driving a vehicle to assigned work locations throughout the workday, is required.
The incumbent must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships and be able to get along with others; work well under pressure; and, work cooperatively with others.
Valid California driver license and good driving record. Current DMV required at time of interview. You may visit the California Department of Motor Vehicle website to download a copy of your DMV. http://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/detail/online/dr
The incumbent in this position will be required, with or without reasonable accommodation, to stand and walk constantly, lift up to 20 pounds on a very frequent basis and up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis; use repetitive arm and wrist motions; bend, stoop, twist, reach; and, maintain visual acuity along with possessing normal color vision.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers